Utilities are under attack. And the attackers are getting more and more sophisticatd. So, the rest of us need to keep up.
Part of overcoming this will be collaberation and the sharing of knowledge. Something the European Utilities Telecom Council (EUTC) sets out to do. Its annual conference is dedicated to telecoms issues within Europe’s energy and utility market. It will bring new insights into this challenging landscape by updating on the progress across working groups as well as drawing on expert opinion and practical deployment case studies from various countries.
This year, our Managing Director, Anojs Nijk, will be part of a panel discussing how utilities are managing the risks of utility critical services from the fast-growing cyber threats. The session will examine how utilities deal with those threats. Anjos will be delivering a presentation, alongside other key spokespeople from organisations such as ABB, SecurityMatters and ZIV.
Being the largest gathering of telecommunications and technology executives from Europe’s utilities and their technology partners, the event will open with a keynote from Johan Mörnstam, CEO & Senior Vice President – Energy Networks, E.ON. Other topics the conference will tackle include:
- The examination of big data challenges for utilities
- The potential for IoT technologies to support utility functionality and requirements
- Strategic and regulatory issues influencing the mission critical solutions for utilities
- Effective IT/OT integration for utilities distribution
- Important and specific spectrum requirements for utilities
- What can 5G offer to the energy sector
EUTC will be taking place on September 26-28th in Malmo, Sweden. To learn about the topics above and the cyber issues thretening utilties, register with the EUTC here.