The ENCS security architecture training teaches you how to select technical security measures for Operational Technology (OT) systems. You learn how to assess the security risks to OT systems, and how to choose measures to mitigate them.
Furthermore, our security architecture training teaches you a reusable approach to designing security architectures for OT systems. Our approach is based on the ISO 27005 and IEC 62443 standards, and was developed in the member projects on distribution automation, electric vehicles charging, and substation automation. ENCS has used this approach with individual members to design new systems, or redesign existing systems.
Who should attend the security architecture training?
The training is useful to anyone who is responsible for choosing technical security measures for OT systems. This includes:
- IT, network, and solution architects doing work on OT systems
- System and network administrators designing OT systems
- Security officers with a technical focus on OT
What will I learn in the training?
The training will teach you to select technical security measures for OT systems based on security risks. To do this, you will learn:
- how to divide an OT system into security zones
- how to assess the security risks of a design or existing system
- how to select the security measures that
- sufficiently reduce the security risks
- are feasible to implement on OT systems
- how to evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the measures
What is the training program?
In the training, you will work through practical cases. The cases cover the systems typically seen at grid operators and in each case, participants go through four steps:
- Risk assessment
- Selecting security measures
- Evaluating the implementation
The course consists of four cases: distribution automation, communication with field location, substation automation, and central systems.
Training location & dates
The training will be held on October 11 and 12, 2023 in our offices in The Hague. On the evening of day 1, you can network during our ENCS dinner.
After the training, participants will receive an attendance certificate.
Costs of training
For full ENCS members, the costs are 1,650 euros per participant. For information and knowledge sharing members and non-members, the costs are 2,200 euros per participant. The dinner on day 1 is included in the training price.
Want to participate?
If you would like to participate, contact us through the form below or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.