- Lead the ENCS security operations program
- Lead customer projects
- Maintain customer and member contacts within running projects
- Support principal consultants in managing the agenda of the program
- Supervise and coach junior security consultants
- Write whitepapers and reports for customers or the ENCS portal
- Write news items and other communications material
- Organize and host meetings and workshops
- Give presentations to members or at conferences
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Motivated to protect EU critical infrastructure
- Master’s in information security or an equivalent area, and at least four years of experience with security operations related work OR master’s in computer science, electrical engineering or a related area, relevant cyber security certifications, and at least four years of experience with security operations related work OR master’s in computer science, electrical engineering or a related area, and at least six years of experience with security operations related work
- Experience with vulnerability management, security monitoring, incident response, or SOC or CSIRT teams
- Knowledge of OT security
- Knowledge of the electricity sector
- Ability to manage projects to stay in budget and on schedule
- Ability to supervise and coach juniors
- Ability to write technical reports and articles that can be shared with customers and members
- Ability to organize and host meetings and workshops
- Ability to give structured and interesting presentations
- Fluency in English
Additional useful skills are:
- Knowledge or experience with security operations in other sectors
- Experience with security management (e.g. ISO/IEC 27001)
- Experience with EU policy and regulations
- A network of contacts in industry and academia
- Fluency in a second European language
When infrastructure is critical, so is its security. With an ever more connected electricity grid, cyber security challenges are multiplying every day and demand a new way of thinking from security professionals.
Founded in 2012, the European Network for Cyber security (ENCS) is an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing the security of critical energy infrastructures across Europe. Using our network in academia, government and business, we provide cyber security solutions and counsel to utilities and regulators.
By joining ENCS you’ll be part of a small, international team of industry experts making a real difference to critical infrastructure cyber security developments in Europe. You’ll work across Europe from our offices in The Hague, giving you the chance to:
- work at the forefront of new security developments. Smart grids, electric vehicles, and industrial control systems offer unique security challenges. We are in a leading position to meet these by developing new solutions, finding new classes of vulnerabilities, and setting the standard for smart grid cyber security.
- protect society. Keeping the grid secure while it is increasingly automated is critical if our society is to transition to renewable energy. ENCS has a unique position to act on behalf of our members to make sure their systems are secure.
- develop your skills in an international environment. ENCS is a small company taking on big challenges. That creates a unique environment for ambitious talent to grow and take on new responsibilities.
- An attractive salary (EUR 3500 – EUR 6500 a month based on experience)
- Health insurance contribution
- Pension contribution
- Mobility budget
- Laptop and mobile phone
Interested in joining us?
We hope so! Please submit your CV and a supporting cover letter in English outlining why you want to work for ENCS by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that an employee screening is part of the interview process. All employees of ENCS need to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate/Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).